Home | Managing Time
Everyone wants it....
Everyone talks about it....
Everyone can't get enough of it....
We work, live and play to time and as it is a limited resource it is a precious commodity. So it stands to reason that time holds great value to us.
Although time is managed differently by each of us, we all share the same problem - 'lack of time'.
We do however, have a choice of how we use our time. We can allow time to rule out life or we can turn time around to make it work for us. It's all about achieving what we want in the time that we have available, and to be free of the stress that being time poor creates.
To manage your time you need strategies and a plan of action. Below are the golden rules for managing your time and the ingredients to ensure that you succeed.
Here are 8 'Creative' tips and strategies to manage your time:
- Conduct an audit of your life's current and desired activities
- Resist time wasting distractions
- Entrust other to undertake tasks - delegate
- Aim for simplicity - remove clutter
- Toss everything that you don't use - be ruthless
- Implement a system to prioritise task
- Vet unscheduled appointments
- Employ time saving tools
The Ingredients of Successfully Managing Time:
- ✓ Start at the beginning
- ✓ Block out time to work through the 8 creative strategies time management strategies
- ✓ Be disciplined and committed - you are forming new habits
- ✓ Plan the details of each of the 8 strategies
- ✓ Source any necessary tools identified in your plan
- ✓ Adopt ALL 8 creative strategies
- ✓ Reward yourself for sticking to your plan
Linda Echentille is a specialist in managing time. She assists individuals, management and staff of organisations in the planning and implementation process of the 8 Creative Time Management Strategies. Contact Linda E to discuss how she can help you to 'find time'.
"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once".
John Wheeler, Physicist and peer of Albert Einstein.